The Advanced User Tools extension includes the following:
Asset Builder allows Cartegraph customers to generate a recordset for any custom asset—any standard asset not throught Cartegraph. Assets are categorized based on their shape: point, line, or polygon.
In order to further refine the asset specifications, you need to use the following Cartegraph Administration tools:
- Structure Manager
- Library Manager
- Layout Manager
Form and Function
Asset functionality for non-standard assets is similar to most standard Cartegraph assets.
You have the ability to:
- Set permissions to determine which users can view, create, and update asset records
- Create layouts specific to the asset
- Determine the departments that track the asset
- Run the provided Summary and Detail reports
- Track the inventory requirements in the asset details
- Select the Activities that apply to the asset
- Select the Issues that apply to the asset
- Set Condition Categories
- Configure for maintenance requirements
- Normalize data for ArcGIS integration
What do I need to know?
To use Asset Builder, you must be familiar with:
- Cartegraph Library Manager
- Cartegraph Layout Manager
- Cartegraph Role Administration
What should I consider beforehand?
To get the most from Asset Builder, Cartegraph has identified these configuration phases:
- Needs assessment
- Gather asset information
- Generate asset
- Configure asset
The Cartegraph API is a tool for integration and system expansion to create, update, and delete records. It facilitates communication between Cartegraph and other systems and applications developed to our API specifications.
Who is it for?
We developed the Cartegraph API for technology developers interested in making their technology better by leveraging ours. Engaging and working with other members of the technology community gives us the opportunity to better understand and address the needs of our market.
Cartegraph's API is a REST API, requiring a skilled software developer who understands programming and REST APIs. It is intended for computer programmers, developers, and software engineers. It is not an end-user technology to get data into or out of the system. For that, use the Import/Export feature.
What do I need to know?
It’s a versioned API. You should consider the REST API as a contract between Cartegraph and any third-party code system. Cartegraph will continue to add non-breaking features. Your interactions with Cartegraph's API will continue to function from version to version. The REST API uses standard HTTP verbs and JSON to function. It can be used with any platform or system that supports HTTP and JSON serialization.
In order to be successful using Cartegraph's REST API, you need to understand how our system works from the end-user’s perspective. The REST API provides no hand-holding or advice for proper work flows.
What’s the benefit?
When Cartegraph is integrated with third-party technology built to our API specifications, end-users gain the ability to create, read, update, and delete Cartegraph data from outside the Cartegraph framework.
Tapping into the power of Zapier, Automate.io, and IFTTT, Cartegraph can now listen for changes inside your software, and automatically trigger an action in another app. With 1,000+ apps to choose from, the possibilities are endless.
- Support for outgoing Webhooks to allow for additional integration opportunities, using Cartegraph Automations.
- Improve on or automate existing workflows.
- For more information see About Webhooks and Webhook Example: Send a Tweet When a Pothole Request Closes on Campus.
For more information on any of these features, contact Cartegraph at 800 688.2656.
You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at email@example.com