Asset Builder allows Cartegraph customers to generate a recordset for any custom asset—any standard asset not throught Cartegraph. Assets are categorized based on their shape: point, line, or polygon.
Form and Function
Asset functionality for non-standard assets is similar to most standard Cartegraph assets.
You have the ability to:
- Set permissions to determine which users can view, create, and update asset records
- Create layouts specific to the asset
- Determine the departments that track the asset
- Run the provided Summary and Detail reports
- Track the inventory requirements in the asset details
- Select the Activities that apply to the asset
- Select the Issues that apply to the asset
- Set Condition Categories
- Configure for maintenance requirements
- Normalize data for ArcGIS integration
What do I need to know?
In order to further refine the asset specifications, you need to access to and knowledge of the following Cartegraph Administration tools:
- Cartegraph Library Manager
- Cartegraph Layout Manager
- Cartegraph Role Administration
What should I consider beforehand?
To get the most from Asset Builder, Cartegraph has identified these configuration phases:
- Needs assessment
- Gather asset information
- Generate asset
- Configure asset
You must have administrator rights to access this feature.
This feature may not be available in every package. Not sure if you have this feature or you want to learn more about it? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.